Rabble has some stories and podcasts of interest up. Fill your brains!
- “A registry to prevent crime, not domestic violence” – The Conservatives have continued their assault on the gun registry, claiming that it only stops domestic violence, and not ‘crime’ (because domestic violence isn’t a crime, duh!)
- “Support for Ontario court decision on harmful sex worker laws” – A discussion of this Tuesday’s success story!
- “Rape rampant in Haitian relief camps” – An interview with Blaine Bookey, author of Our Bodies Are Still Trembling: Haitian Women’s Fight Against Rape
- “Gender, Capitalism, and Climate Change” – An interview on how these factors intersect
- “Prostitution laws knocked down” – An interview with Katrina Pacey, a lawyer from Pivot Legal Society who recently challenged the B.C. sex work laws on what the new law change in Ontario will mean for B.C. and the rest of Canada
If you haven’t been on Rabble before, have a look around. They have some awesome podcasts and a discussion board for progressive sorts of people 🙂