Regular blogging is back on – you can expect feminist news, links, and stories to be posted here daily once again! Yay!
Here are some stories to get us started:
- A 61-year-old woman is attempting to swim 166 km from Havana to Key West. If she is successful, she’d be the first person to do it without a shark cage.
- Edmonton police have been criticized after they made a 17 year old woman’s name and photograph public to find her. She allegedly had sex with three people without disclosing her HIV-positive status – aggravated sexual assault. Follow the link for a good critique and comment below with your thoughts.
- BC is trying out an online service that allows people to anonymously notify a previous sexual partner if they have tested positive for an STI and suggest that that partner get tested too.
- A woman died in custody at an Alberta RCMP detachment yesterday. No word yet on cause of death.
- A post from Rabble in defense of NDP interim leader, Nycole Turmel after an attack based on her former membership in Quebec separatist parties.
- On how our obsession with “Fat is Unhealthy, Skinny is Healthy” is really what is actually unhealthy.
- An account of relationship violence and denial based on a desire to seem in control and independent.
- On the relevancy of SlutWalk for women of colour.