- The Conservative government’s labour minister has already said that back-to-work legislation will be passed if Air Canada workers strike on Wednesday as she did with postal workers earlier this summer, completely violating workers’ right to collective bargaining by making it impossible for effective strikes to occur.
- Walk 4 Justice, the cross Canada trek seeking to raise awareness and call for justice for Canada’s missing and murdered women and their families, has concluded with a demonstration at Parliament Hill.
- Super exciting – Rabble.ca has launched an Activist Toolkit complete with how-to guides, seminar templates, free media, and activist history. Looks to be an excellent resource in the making!
- Over at Bitch magazine, their mental illness series discusses the dilemma of whether to come out as non-neurotypical, particularly as having bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, or borderline personality disorder, given the dangers of doing so.
- On some of the challenges young, disabled workers in Canada face.
- Check out the expert deconstruction at Feministe of Jolie O’Dell’s sexist comment “Women: Stop making startups about fashion, shopping, & babies. At least for the next few years. You’re embarrassing me.”